The wine cellar was established back in 1894. It was the first Slovenian wine cooperative. Today it’s one of the largest wine cellars in the country, cooperating with 350 winegrowers. The goal of the operation is to produce the best possible wines that can be made in the Vipava Valley.
Cellar tours are possible by prior arrangement. Weave in and out between the barrels and cisterns and see what it takes to make great wine. You can see the largest still in-use wooden barrel in the country, holding almost 24,000 litres of wine. After the cellar tour, there is a tasting. In the souvenir shop, you can pick up a bottle of your favourite wine.
Not to be missed:
- tastings for up to 50 people (and min. 8 people)
- bottled wines: Zelen, Pinela, Sauvignon Blanc, Malvasia, Chardonnay, Yellow Muscat, Pinot Gris, Orange Rebula, Barbera, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, sparkling wines
- bulk wines: Vrtovčan, Malvasia, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Barbera, Merlot
- Certificate: IFS-global market food
- the venue is available for special events