The Štancar wine-growing farm makes wine and grows fruit. In terms of wine, the farm is particularly focused on the cultivation of the indigenous varieties Pinela and Zelen. They also make Ribolla, Malvasia, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Merlot, Barbera, as well as rosé and their own sparkling wine. Wines are produced using traditional methods with modern influences.
Guests can enjoy atmospheric wine tastings in a lovely tasting room featuring a wood-burning stove and a wood-fired oven or in the rustic vaulted cellar. For wine tastings, the snack foods of choice are hearty meat products that are made right on the farm. During cherry season, guests are led to the orchard where their can pick their own fruit. The owners believe in a personal approach and make sure to provide guests exactly what they need.
Not to be missed:
- tastings can host up to 40 people
- the farm grows cherries and persimmons
- fruit products: juice, marmalades
- winding through the wine-growing village of Planina is the themed trail In the Footsteps of Matija Vertovec
- close to the Nabojs vantage point and St Paul’s Church atop the hill of the same name
- situated in Dolenje is the 17th century St Margaret’s Church, and spanning Vipava River is Napoleon’s bridge
Guest reviews: good food and wine, personal approach to guests, privacy, unique scenery, tidy premises and surrounding area.