Striking Zemono Manor House and unique culinary experience
- The late Renaissance-style Zemono Manor House is a unique venue ideal for social events and wedding receptions.
- The award-winning restaurant “Gostilna pri Lojzetu” is among the TOP 3 restaurants in the country.
- The culinary creations of the internationally acclaimed chef Tomaž Kavčič, a creative genius of European calibre, are based on tradition and locally sourced ingredients of superior quality.
Not to be missed
- 4 course tasting menu with greetings from the kitchen and dessert €65.00
- À la carte menu.
- Take your time for a proper culinary extravaganza with exquisite wine pairings.
- The manor is open year round during the restaurant's business hours.
A 17th century Renaissance gem, Zemono Manor House is a unique piece of architecture in the form of a beautifully preserved country manor designed for merriment and pleasure. The manor can be toured upon prior arrangement with the staff of the restaurant.
A pioneer of slow food in Slovenia, Tomaž Kavčič is the fourth generation to run the family restaurant “Gostilna pri Lojzetu”. The restaurant is a long-standing member of Jeunes Restaurateurs de Europe, and of the International Association of Gastronomy Chaine des Rotisseurs as well as Le Soste. It regularly ranks among the top 3 in the country. Of the numerous international awards, the title of Best Restaurant in Eastern Europe stands out as especially flattering, and Tomaž Kavčič was the recipient of the JRE Innovation Award 2017/18 – by Nespresso. The restaurant keeps up with global trends in terms of cooking methods, and is noted for incorporating locally sourced, garden fresh ingredients, and its dedication to tradition. ”The best way to present the Vipava Valley is on a plate,” remarks the chef.
Enter the restaurant as a guest and leave as a friend. This is the first sentence of the menu, and perhaps the best illustration of the personal and professional philosophy of chef Tomaž Kavčič. The master of flavours creates food that is imbued with his creative soul and utter dedication, and each of his creations is a nonpareil culinary experience.
Gostilna pri Lojzetu, Dvorec Zemono