Mountain bike trail riding
- Experienced mountain bike guides take you to great trails with amazing views.
- E-bikes for easier uphill rides, and more time to enjoy the beauty of the forest trails and vineyards.
- Booking of wine and food tasting sessions to wrap up the outing.
Not to be missed
- Two different routes: a mellow route up to Mt Trstelj, and a more demanding route to Mt Nanos.
- The e-bike ride to Mt Trstelj takes 2 to 3 hours, and to Mt Nanos from 5 to 7 hours.
- Organized outings for private parties.
- The ride to Mt Trstelj will set you back anywhere from €55,00, and to Mt Nanos from €100,00.
- The rides are possible year round, weather permitting.
The easier route takes you and your e-bike to the summit of Mt Trstelj for a breathtaking view of the Karst region and the Adriatic Sea on one side, and the Vipava Valley and Nova Gorica on the other side. The guide will lead you through lovely vineyards and over great forest trails. Atop Mt Trstelj it’s time for a breather. If the hut is open, there’s your chance to purchase refreshments. The ride downhill takes you through woodland which is a special experience in itself.
A shuttle bus is organized to take mountain bikers from the Park Lijak Campsite to the start of the advanced route to Mt Nanos. After a roughly 20-minute ride, the trail begins ascending toward the top of Mt Nanos. E-bikes are a godsend in this case. The summit offers a commanding view. A short stop in the hut is great for recharging. The long descent from Mt Nanos through the stunning backcountry is a special treat.
After you’re done, you can choose to stop at the Lijak Campsite to take a shower and grab a bite to eat. Subject to a fee, the trips can end with a tasting session of local wines and food.
Assembly point: kamp Park Lijak