Hiking and food in wine country
- mellow hiking tours through the vineyards and villages scattered over the picture-book hills surrounding the Vipava Valley
- stop at a winery and wine farm
- tasting of local wines straight from the barrel. Lunch with traditional local dishes
Not to be missed
- the guide picks you up at your lodgings in the Vipava Valley and takes you to the trail
- length of hike: 11 km, altitude difference: 300 m
- the excursion takes about 6 hours
- two farm stops: wine tasting and lunch included in the price
- the price is from €80,00 per person
This very easy 11-kilometre-long tour provides scenic views of the area. It winds through vineyards, skirting forests of acacia and pine, up to the top of the hills for amazing vistas of the near-by hills and the verdant Vipava Valley. Sprinkled in between are ancient villages with their typical architecture, distinct court yards and traditional vaulted wine cellars.
The first stop on the way is at a winemaker's wine cellar for a presentation of wines. This also includes old local varieties growing only in the Vipava Valley. The wine tasting is accompanied by slices of home-made prosciutto and fresh crispy bread. The next stop gives you another chance to explore the local culinary world. Lunch in the agritourism farm is a real treat. All dishes are made from home-grown ingredients in keeping with traditional recipes. The culinary pampering session ends in the 700-year-old wine cellar for a tasting of truly remarkable wine specialties in a candle-lit setting.