Hiking on the edge for pleasure-seekers
- the edge of the Trnovo Forest Plateau – where the Mediterranean meets the Dinarides – is noted for its great views
- the trail along the edge leads past many natural attractions
- the dinner at the end of the hike is well deserved and incorporates typical local flavours
Not to be missed
- the trail starts and ends in the Park Lijak Campsite, Ozeljan
- easy to challenging trail; length according to wishes
- guided day trip plus dinner from €45,00 to €95,00 per person, depending on the number of hikers and length of the hike
- advance bookings only
The hike starts in the tiny village of Ozeljan nestled in the Vipava Valley, and makes for a great starting point for outings to the south part of the Trnovo Forest Plateau and the edge. Set off to the famous natural window of Skozno and make your way towards Vitovlje to the 14th century Church of the Assumption. The near-by lake is the only natural lake in the entire Valley. After scaling Mt Sekulak you can head back down to the start. Alternatively, you can choose to keep challenging yourself and continue to scale the Mt Veliki Rob (1237 m). Seasoned hikers can climb Mt Čaven (1185 m) or Mt Kucelj (1237 m) for a spectacular view of the area.
There are trails of different lengths and difficulty levels set up for you to choose. The hike is guided by an UIMLA-qualified mountain leader. The friendly setting of the Termika inn in the Park Lijak Campsite is the perfect location to bring the day to an end; enjoy grilled marble trout and a glass of local white wine.