Weekend getaway on the biodynamic Guerila estate
- a nature-friendly look at agriculture following biodynamic principles
- unique flavours and aromas of internationally acclaimed wines
- fabulous views of the Vipava Valley, a serene mix of green life and architecture
Not to be missed
- presentation of biodynamic viticulture
- the story of Vipava Valley's winemaking told on the viewing terrace
- guided cellar tour and descent into the underground Guerila tunnel
- tasting of 8 wine samples and local treats
- two-day experience
The estate is run by Zmagoslav Petrič who inherited the winemaking tradition from his father. On a splendid location overlooking the entire Vipava Valley, the Kras, Brda, the slopes of Mt Nanos and the Trnovo Plateau, with vistas on sunny days reaching all the way to the Dolomites, a new, modern structure was in 2016 expanded to include the family's wine cellar, a conference hall, wine bar, tasting room and three comfortable apartments. Their vineyards, stretching 18 hectares in surface, are mostly planted with indigenous and old local varieties, cultivated in line with ecological and biodynamic practice. Guerila wines grace the wine lists of the finest restaurants in Slovenia and 20 countries worldwide.
Check-in starts with a welcome glass of sparkling wine. You'll also be receiving a basket of local treats for a wholesome and delicious breakfast in complete peace. Wine tasting is tailored to your wishes. You'll be shown around by an experienced sommelier, speaking on the winegrowing of the Vipava Valley, its location, climate and the morphological characteristics of the microlocation. Then, it's time to visit the cellar and hear about biodynamic cultivation, followed by an unforgettable tasting in the panoramic room or on the terrace, alongside a selection of local snacks. You can also purchase bottles of wine. The estate is an excellent starting point for hikes in serene nature and cycling along the many nearby trails.
Price: 111,25 € / person
Price includes: overnight stay with a breakfast basket, premium wine tasting: 8 samples.