Biodynamic winemaking at the Guerila winegrowing estate
- a nature-friendly look at agriculture following biodynamic principles
- unique flavours and bouquets of internationally acclaimed wines
- fabulous views of the Vipava Valley, a serene mix of green life and architecture
Not to be missed
- presentation of biodynamic winegrowing
- the story of Vipava Valley's winemaking told on the viewing terrace
- tasting of 7 wine samples and local treats
- hours: Monday–Saturday from 11.00 till 17.00 or by prior appointment
The estate is run by Zmagoslav Petrič who inherited the winemaking tradition from his father. On a splendid location overlooking the entire Vipava Valley, the Kras, Brda, the slopes of Mt Nanos and the Trnovo Forest, with vistas on sunny days reaching all the way to the Dolomites, a new, modern structure was in 2016 expanded to include the family's wine cellar, a multifunctional conference hall, wine bar, tasting room and three comfortable apartments. Their vineyards, stretching 18 hectares in surface, are mostly planted with indigenous and old local varieties, cultivated in line with ecological and biodynamic practice. Guerila wines grace the wine lists of the finest restaurants in Slovenia and 20 countries worldwide.
Upon visiting, you'll be admitted by an experienced sommelier taking you on a winery tour. The introductory lecture on the winegrowing of the Vipava Valley presents the location, climate and the morphological characteristics of the terroir. Then, it's time to visit the cellar and hear about biodynamic cultivation, followed by an unforgettable tasting in the panoramic room or on the terrace, alongside a selection of local snacks. You can also purchase bottles of wine. After the tasting you can take a pleasant walk to the nearby church of St. Paul.
- price per person (in a 4 person group) 25 €
- price per person (up to 2 persons) 25 €
- price per person (group of 4 to 8 (10) persons) 25 €
The price includes: guided tour of the cellar and estate with a lecture on biodynamic winegrowing, tasting of 7 wines and a snack with local cold cuts, cheeses and bread.