Wine and bike tours with tales of castles
- cycling tours through the year-round green Vipava Valley and its vine-laced hills
- exploring local culture, heritage and enchanting castles
- visiting a winemaker and tasting exquisite local wines
Not to be missed
- bike or e-bike rentals included in the price
- you can start your outing at your lodgings in the Vipava Valley
- guided half-day bike tours with wine tasting session included in price
The Vipava Valley is crisscrossed with gravel trails set up between vineyards and low-traffic asphalt roads perfect for relaxing cycling tours. Exploring the wine country begins in Vipava – the capital of the local wines. The Lanthieri Mansion sitting in the main square in Vipava, and the near-by Zemono Manor are both closely connected with the region’s wine culture. Ajdovščina, which is your next stop, was deeply influenced by the Romans for whom we reliably know to have cultivated vines. Not far off is Vipavski Križ; a unique medieval town with a surviving fortification wall. To this day, the town remains deeply connected with the fine winemaking tradition of the Vipava region.
After a few pit stops at the castles, the final stop of this outing is something entirely else: we visit a farmstead of a renowned local winemaker who will captivate us with his tales of wine. Delicious home-made treats are perfectly paired with the exquisite wines – different and unforgettable such as the tales recounted by our guide on this sojourn.
- 2 persons: 120 € / person
- 4 persons: 85 € / person
- 6 persons: 75 € / person
- 8 persons: 70 € / person
- 2 persons: 135 € / person
- 4 persons: 105 € / person
- 6 persons: 95 € / person
- 8 persons: 90 € / person
Wajdušna, Burjatik d.o.o.
Župančičeva ulica 1 c
T: +386 (0)5 366 40 43
M: +386 (0)41 232 548