Trails of the Isonzo Front by bike
- unforgettable outdoor adventure
- emerald River Soča
- the Isonzo Front, remnant of the First World War's caverns and tunnels
Not to be missed
- excitement in the adrenaline park, with ziplining over the fascinating waters
- guided cycling trip to Mt Sabotin
- lunch with a home touch, served in a former JNA army barracks
- guided tour of the museum, ditches, tunnels and remnants of the First World War
- one-day experience, approximately 8 hours
The group meets in the yard of the Solkan Kayak Centre alongside the adrenaline park's experienced instructors. After a brief presentation, you'll be boarding a raft and crossing the beautiful River Soča. At the right bank you'll be entering the Soča Fun Park, filled with exciting activities in the treetops under the watchful guidance of the instructors. Finally, a 300 m zipline will fly you back to the left riverbank from 40 m of elevation.
Next is a cycling ascent to Mt Sabotin. The destination is the old hilltop military barracks where you'll be greeted by the manager of the ex-Yugoslav Army post, now a mountain lodge and museum. Sabotin is most well known as a battlegrounds of the notorious Isonzo Front, which raged across these very hills during the First World War. As Peace Park, it now reminds visitors of the senseless horrors of war and the importance of international harmony. Wrapping up with a tour of the wartime caverns along with some history and stories, we'll be returning home.
Price per person: 98 €
Group size: 6–20 persons
Price includes: welcome drink, activities in the adrenaline park, bike rental, guided cycling to Mt Sabotin, lunch in the mountain lodge, visit of the museum and caverns with remnants of the First World War.
What to wear: sports clothing, sneakers, sunglasses.