Wonders of Nova Gorica and suburbs by bicycle
- cycling Nova Gorica and the three bridges of Solkan
- culinary experience of home dishes, local craft beer
- adrenaline park with zip-lining adventures
- museum of the Solkan woodworkers
Not to be missed
- zip-line across the rapids of a wild kayaking trail
- listen to a lively choir of birds as you ride through Panovec
- a relaxed afternoon on the yard of the Kromberk Castle
- day-long experience
At the crossroads between the Friuli Basin, the Vipava Valley and the Valley of the River Soča, the young city of Nova Gorica has grown after the Second World War. Your guide will take you through the story of the Italian frontier, before cycling over to Solkan, adventuring around its old city core. We'll be visiting the museum of famous Solkan woodworkers, looking at the tradition of the craft shaping the lives of the locals throughout the 20th century. We'll head for the three bridges spanning across the River Soča, showcasing the history of this place.
Next comes an active afternoon in the adrenaline Soča Fun Park and a zip-lining descent over the rapids of a kayak trail. Lunch is enjoyed in a local restaurant with a seasonal offer of genuine Goriška dishes.
Rested and full of energy we'll be cycling to Nova Gorica. Stopping by the original model and concept of the town, we'll take a look at its birth and development.
The way will lead us through the Panovec Forest, classified as a natural monument since 1985 due to its outstanding biodiversity. Enjoying the easy-going ride we'll be listening to the birds chirping in the verdant woods. A stop at the marvellous Castle Kromberk is next, where you can look at the collection of the Goriška Museum or sip a glass of wine in the yard of the castle restaurant. The day ends with the tasting of beer brewed by the Goriška micro-brewers.
- 2 persons: 285 € / person
- 4 persons: 195 € / person
- 5–10 persons: 180 € – 135 € / person
The price includes: bike rental, visit to the museum of Solkan woodworkers, visit to the adrenaline park, lunch, beer tasting, organization and guidance of the trip.