Cycling & culinary adventure in the Vipava Valley
- cycling along the winegrowing hills and plains by the River Vipava
- delicious flavours of local cuisine in the old city core of Ajdovščina
- colourful and diverse countryside
Not to be missed
- available all year long
- touring bike rental included in the price
- option to rent an e-bike for an additional charge
- two-day experience
Arrival to the Ajdovščina Youth Hostel in late afternoon, accommodation. A walk to the old city core (about 1 km away). Visiting the bar, shop and tasting room Faladur with a sampling of local delicacies, wines and craft beer from the Pelicon microbrewery. Return to the hotel and overnight stay.
After breakfast we pick up our touring bikes, cycling map and catalogue of the local hospitality providers. On prior arrangement you can also rent an e-bike for an extra charge. Lunch is best enjoyed at one of the many nearby locations, then back to cycling till sunset and dinner in the restaurant by the Hubelj Spring, reached by a road in the close vicinity of the Youth Hostel or by taking a pleasant walk by the Pale skate park, down the nature science trail to the spring of the River Hubelj. Starting at 15 € per head, the restaurant serves fantastic dinners. A return to the hostel, overnight stay and departure following breakfast next day.
- price per person (in a 4 person group) 84 €
- price per person (up to 2 persons) 84 €
- price per person (groups of 4 to 8 (10) persons) 84 €
Price includes: 2x bed and breakfast (52 €), touring bike rental (10 €), tasting at Faladur Wine Shop & Wine Bar (22 € paid directly to the provider).