Cycling tour around the Vipava Valley and Karst
- electric trekking bikes (Scott Sub Cross) for exploring the wonderfully vast Vipava Valley
- discovering the secrets of wine, and chores associated with tending to the grapevine and cellar chores
- uncovering two regional gems: Vipavski Križ and Štanjel incl. the Ferrari garden
Not to be missed
- cycling day trips through the Vipava Valley
- roads and trails: 80 % asphalt, 20 % gravel, approx. 42 km, 430 m ascent
- free parking on the railway station in Nova Gorica
The adventure starts on the railway station in Nova Gorica. Assembly at the old locomotive. We pack up our bikes and board the train to Štanjel in the region of Karst. Tour of Štanjel and the Ferrari garden. Next, tour of Kobdilj. Cycling over remote and obscure trails winding between vineyards and orchards until we cross the Vipava River to arrive in the miniature medieval town of Vipavski Križ. We’ve picked the most scenic trails with awe-inspiring views of the edge of the Karst landscape and Trnovo Forest Plateau. We continue the journey to Nova Gorica. Next, it’s time for lunch with typical local fare. Ample surprises on the trip.
- price per person (group of 2–3 persons) 69 €
- price per person (group of 4–6 persons) 53 €
- price per person (group of 7–10 persons) 39 €
Price includes: welcome drink, guided cycling tour round Vipava Valley plus trekking bike, train ride from Nova Gorica to Štanjel.
Optional paid extras: e-bike 19 €, child seat 9 €, lunch from 15 €, beverage with lunch.