Green adventure in a young city
- unique stories and many secrets are to be found in Nova Gorica despite the city being founded so recently: exciting stories of contraband, of a daring flight pioneer, of an exiled French king etc.
- Europe Square – the square shared by the twin cities on the state border – lets you stand with one foot in Slovenia and with the other in Italy
- roses – the city’s most recognizable symbol can be admired by foot or on bike in different corners of the city
Not to be missed
- sustainable and responsible exploration of the better- and lesser-known parts of the city on a rented bike
- getting to meet the city’s most remarkable residents – the roses
- ending the tour with a picnic consisting of local delicacies in the rose garden of Kostanjevica Monastery
This one-of-a kind outing takes you through Slovenia’s youngest city that was established on the border to Italy in the aftermath of WW2. The town plan was conceived by architect Ravnikar, and its special identity at a place where worlds meet gives it a special importance on a European scale.
During the tour you will get to know the life and fate of the French King Charles X whose remains are interred in Kostanjevica Monastery. Two small museum collections recount stories related to the border: the Kolodvor collection depicts the history of the state border, and the Pristava collection holds exciting tales of contraband.
The outing can be held in all season and regardless of the age of attendees, and is sure to bring you closer to the secrets and unique features of Nova Gorica. The roughly 6-kilometre-long route offers 3 to 4 hours of unforgettable urban discoveries.
If so inclined, you can ride your bike (rentals are subject to a extra fee) to the remarkable Bridge of Solkan and the twin city of Gorizia in Italy.
- 2–3 people: 65 € / person
- 4–6 people: 45 € / person
- 7–10 people: 40 € / person
- over 10 people: 35 € / person
The price includes: guiding, entrance fee for the museum collections, the Kostanjevica Monastery and an outdoor picnic.
Extra charge: bike rentals 15 €, e-bike rentals 35 €, children’s seat 9 €.
Discount for children: up to 6 years free of charge, 6 to 12 years 50 % discount.
The organizer reserves the right to change or cancel the programme should there arise unforeseeable circumstances or higher force events such as operational issues, weather, safety issues or health concerns ...