Two Goricas, two countries
- unforgettable cross-border adventure
- the emerald River Soča
- fascinating history of the frontier region
Not to be missed
- excitement in the Soča Fun Park adrenaline park
- breathtaking ziplining across the beautiful River Soča
- lunch in a local fine dining establishment
- guided tour of the historical remnants of the frontier region
- a visit of both the Goricas, twin frontier cities building a harmonious future
- one-day experience, approximately 8 hours
We start our adventure in the Soča Fun Park in Solkan. Guided by instructors in the adrenaline park, we'll be enjoying two hours of thrilling activities among the treetops, ending with the "daredevil's descent" for the brave: a 300 m zipline will fly you back to the left riverbank from 40 m of elevation. Excitement is followed by lunch in one of the local outstanding restaurants.
Well nourished, we'll be visiting the settlement Solkan with over 1000 years of history. Landmarks to see include the Solkan Bridge of the Jesenice–Nova Gorica railroad connection, boasting the longest railway stone arch bridge in the world. In town you'll be visiting Villa Bartolomei, a legacy exhibition of the Gorizia Museum, the gardens and parks of the villas Lenassi, Puppi, Paniaco, Manin, and the remnants of a palazzo.
Next comes a tour of the Kromberk Castle, and then a visit of Nova Gorica, a young frontier town where we'll be looking at the Kostanjevica Monastery, the Europe Square and the Railway Station Museum Collection.
At this point you cross the border to arrive to the Italian Gorizia and to continue to the main square, Piazza della Vittoria. From here you pass the Via Rastello, one of the most typical Gorizia streets, and then ascent to the medieval Castle of Gorizia, from where a nice view over Gorizia opens.
Price per person: 87 €
Group size: 10–50 persons
Price includes: welcome drink, fun park activities, restaurant lunch, guided tour of the historical landmarks of the frontier region, museum and villa entrance fees.
What to wear: sports clothing, sneakers.