The centennial vaulted cellar of the Pipan estate stores harmonious fresh wines: Pinela, Sauvignon Blanc, Ribolla, Welschriesling and Barbera. In the tasting room for 25 people guests are served home-made wine and home-made salami, pork neck, pancetta and cheese, grape juice from Barbera and oven-fresh bread from the wood-fired oven and other baked goods as a signature feature of the farm.
Not to be missed:
- home-made bread, biscuits, potica
- availability of baking demonstration
- home-made meats
- winding through the wine-growing village of Planina is the themed trail In the Footsteps of Matija Vertovec
- close to the Nabojs vantage point and St Paul’s Church atop the hill of the same name
- situated in Dolenje is the 17th century St Margaret’s Church, and spanning Vipava River is Napoleon’s bridge
Guest reviews: wholesome home-made food, authentic rural vibe.