The tradition of the Petrič winery goes back to distant 1778. Ever since then, knowledge on the cultivation of the vine has been passing between generations, and the eight consecutive one is now adding its contribution through the introduction of new technologies. Their cellar offers ten wines, including indigenous varieties Zelen and Pinela, and is committed to a sustainable way of grape production with less yield per vine in return for superior grape quality. The Petrič family grows some 30,000 vines.
Their vintage 1778 cellar accommodates tastings for up to 20 guests, while up to 90 may be received in the tasting room, where hearty traditional foods are paired with excellent wines. Upon arrangement, presentations, conferences or private festivities can also be organized.
Not to be missed:
- sustainable vineyard management
- eighth generation of winegrowers
- option to go for a 30-minute guided vineyard walk
- Slap is a picturesque winegrowing village, home of Slovenia's first agricultural-fruit growing school
- landmarks nearby: the River Vipava, interesting architecture in Goče, Church of St. Paul on Planina
Guest impressions: hospitality, winemaking expertise, relaxed setting, great service, excellent wines.